On 03/01/2015 jan i wrote:
While the nominations are running, I would like to give some thought to how
the vote should be.

Let's keep the focus on nominations at the moment. By 10 January, we need the list of nominees and their acceptance/refusal to run. In the last days before 10 January, I'll solicit from all nominees until then (and then I'll ask for it to all further nominees) a public acceptance/refusal, which should be accompanied by a brief statement.

In my opinion a chair, who wants to be active, can only do so if he/she
has a high backing of the PMC group and the community at large.

This is the principle, and we will find an effortless way to put it in practice. For sure, we will have a first round where all nominees can be voted (and this will happen in public on the dev list). After that round, if no candidates obtain the majority of binding votes, we will have to have a run-off indeed. The least voted candidate will be removed, others will be able to choose whether to run again or not. Realistically, we will be done with a couple rounds, maybe three.

But until the time comes I prefer that we focus on nominations.

Regards,
  Andrea.