On 01/01/2015 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Let's take several days, until 10 January, to receive nominations (or
self-nominations) for the next PMC Chair. Just reply to this e-mail with
nominations.

We have 6 nominees so far, very good since all of them would be excellent choices. I'm now asking each of them to either accept or refuse the nomination by the 10 January deadline. Nominations are still open, but if you nominate someone I'll immediately refer to this mail and ask for a statement by 10 January too.

Each of the (current and future) nominees should answer this mail in public and state very briefly:

1) Whether he/she is available to run for election; the term is not set, but I expect an availability to stay in the role for at least one year.

2) Where his/her efforts will primarily be directed.

3) Regardless of whether one is running or not (and regardless of whether one is elected or not), it might be that some of the candidates wish to take responsibility for a certain area. This can be very good, since the project is huge and the Chair might miss some details. For example, Hagar often updates the draft quarterly report with information about the Forum (figures, issues...). If the Chair knows that someone commits to follow a certain area closely and to help in reporting, then reporting becomes a team work and can be much better than what we have done so far.

The 6 nominees so far are, in alphabetical order:
- jani    Jan Iversen
- jsc     Jürgen Schmidt
- kschenk Kay Schenk
- louis   Louis Suarez-Potts
- marcus  Marcus Lange
- robweir Rob Weir

I'm hereby asking each of them (and any future nominees) to provide their statement by 10 January; those who already sent their statement are free to expand upon it according to the above guidelines if they wish.

Regards,
  Andrea.