Am 03/06/2015 04:02 PM, schrieb Guy Waterval:
Hi Kay, Marcus and all,

Somebody found the ribbon more modern than the organisation of the commands
in AOO. But he was alone to make this remark. Others seemed more interested

interesting to still see/read this. It was already the case in the old Sun/Oracle days. Some users wanted to have ribbons like in MS Office but the very big majority of the users didn't liked it and therefore declined any development in this direction. ;-)

by the extensions mechanism, the sidebar, the use of the styles and the
portability of the application. I have given an usb key with AOO portable
and preconfigurated (templates, cliparts, complete documentation and a set
of tested extensions) to each participant.
I wonder if the extensions developpement couldn't be a practicable way to
begin some collaboration with engineer highschools and universities. After

Maybe it's a bit difficult to still find an interesting topic because of the hugh amount of extensions. But it is indeed a great start into OpenOffice development.

Marcus

a little investigation in this area it seems they need a clear definition
of the goal to can integrate the job in a list of student projects. This is
perhaps more easy to do with extensions where you have the double
possibility to create a new one or ameliorate an existing one.