Hi All

In the ongoing discussion (apache wide) Infra has now made a FAQ, which is
worth reading.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/CMS+Decommissioning+RFC+-+Frequently+Asked+Questions

Remark, due to some disussions, Infra made this disclaimer:

"This is ONLY a request for commentary from the community on a proposal by
Infra to work towards decommissioning the CMS. It is NOT an express
statement by the infra group that we will be taking any specific action(s).
We seek input from the community on this proposal so that we can make more
informed decisions on the future direction of CMS support, whether that be
via replacement, via resources applied to bring the existing CMS to
acceptable support standards, or some other option TBD."

If the CMS were to be decommissioned in the way currently suggested, we
would have a couple of challenges:
- Find a replacement online edtitor for our translators (who are also
committers)
- Find a way to keep the templates active in pure HTML
- Decide not to use markdown but only html (BAD for our translators).

Or alternatively (something that currently seems less work):
- Get a VM, install CMS and run it for us.

rgds
jan I.