(I did not see any reason this discussion should go private, so I
moved it to public.)

    As far as I read, the GIMP team had never opt-in distributing
adwares/malwares.  They did agree to share SF.net's ad profit, but not
bundling adwares/malwares with their installers.  And SF.net did
hijacked GIMP for Windows without authors' consent.

Goodbye, SourceForge.
https://helb.github.io/goodbye-sourceforge/

Anatomy of SourceForge/GIMP controversy (from GIMP team)
http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/anatomy-of-sourceforge-gimp-controversy

What happened to Sourceforge? (from VLC developer)
https://blog.l0cal.com/2015/06/02/what-happened-to-sourceforge/

    I looked into which projects SF.net hijacked, and surprisingly found
Apache HTTPD, Apache Derby, Apache Directory Studio, Firefox, MySQL,
PostgreSQL, Nmap, The R-project.

Apache HTTPD, Apache Derby, Apache Directory Studio, Nmap, R
http://sourceforge.net/u/sf-editor3/profile/

GIMP, VLC
http://sourceforge.net/u/sf-editor1/profile/

Firefox, MySQL, PostgreSQL
http://sourceforge.net/u/sf-editor/profile/

    So who's next?  Apache OpenOffice?  When will there be a new
malware/adware-enabled Apache OpenOfffice installer?  I suppose we
should move from SF.net to a trustworthy mirror solution.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Woman in FOSS in Taiwan http://www.wofoss.org/