Am 06/18/2015 02:01 AM, schrieb michael maloney:
This would be a huge help for those of us using linux.  I used to use
> open office on my window xp years ago and I refuse to spend anymore
> man hours attempting to download open office for ubuntu unsuccessfully
> using deb files or anything.

CDs/DVDs are not available from Apache. But I also don't know what the problem should be to download it - except that fast/stable Internet access is not available everywhere on the world.

Furthermore please make sure do use always the original sources for downloading software. For Apache OpenOffice it is this [1].

A simple solution would be to download the needed installation files by someone, burn it on the CD and give it to them they need it.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

HTH

Marcus