On 24 June 2015 at 18:28, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) <r...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 24.06.2015 11:01, jan i wrote:
> > On Wednesday, June 24, 2015, Michal Hriň <h...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> ... cut ....
>

> >> What about ACEU hackaton ? :)
> > rooms are available, so it is a simple matter of getting people to come.
> >
> > Nobody has volunteered to make a openoffice track, and looking at cfp, it
> > seems we
> > might end up without any aoo talks.
> hmm, just submitted a proposal yesterday evening, which sounds simliar to
> last year's, but is quite
> different: it will introduce (once more) a bird-eyes view of the AOO Java
> based scripting framework.
> Unlike last year it will concentrate on JSR-223 scripting languages (which
> implement the respective
> javax.script classes, introduced with Java 6) and introduce and
> demonstrate a reusable
> implementation for a Java bridge between a JSR-223 language (this time
> NetRexx) with the AOO Java
> bridge. The implementation will be in a way that practically everything
> can be re-used for any other
> JSR-223 language, by merely adapting a few locations of the introduced
> implementation. (The proposal
> is attached FYI.)
>
> If accepted, maybe it would be interesting to also offer a hackathon
> session for interested Java
> programmers who wish to integrate their favored JSR-223 scirpting engine
> with AOO (and thereby
> making it available as an AOO macro language)?

thanks for the submission, I actually looked at an extract from friday.

A hachathon or at least a meetup would be a nice thing. It is sure I will
be there, but I do not
know who else.

If you (or others) want to reserve space for a hackathon, please put it on
https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/FrontPage
or mail me the information, then I can add it.

"official" hackathon will be added to the scheduler.

rgds
jan i.