On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Damjan and list;
>
> Working on gbuild would certainly be welcome, however please do so on the
> gbuild branch.
>
> The branch is really old, I recall it was broken for FreeBSD, so it needs
> updating. I realize the request may seem inconvenient but the gbuild branch
> contains the last OpenOffice.org code related to gbuild and was relicensed by
> Oracle for our use.
>
> Pedro.

Yes, the gbuild branch has 20 more modules ported to gbuild than trunk
does, but why work on that branch instead of porting those changes to
trunk? Are you worried I might break the build in trunk during the
migration? Not likely, I do clean rebuilds on FreeBSD, Linux and
Windows now before committing (if you sponsor me a Mac I would test it
there too). In fact I just caught a build problem on Windows with my
main/formula patch, which is why I haven't committed it yet.

I'll use the gbuild branch's makefiles as a starting point, but they
need to be thoroughly audited for files added/removed since they were
written, modules added deleted or renamed, and any other changes to
the build system (eg. cppunit replaced by Google Test), and updated
accordingly.

Damjan