On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>
>>> Are all of these FreeBSD specific? We are not going to merge a lot of
>>> patches now that we are in the final QA phase. If you want to work on
>>> this
>>> discuss on Bugzilla (just open an issue and CC me, pescetti), but I'm
>>> willing to take a look only because building on FreeBSD is a "Release
>>> Blocker". And if anything is too risky for a proper integration, or if it
>>> may affect other systems, I'd rather not port it at this stage.
>>>
>> No, they're patches to .java files that are needed to build with Java 8's
>> javadoc tool on *all* platforms.
>>

> Thanks Damjan, I've taken a look at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1697228
> i.e., the first one. As you all can see, it has a number of changes. Even
> though each one in itself is small, we can't consider it for 4.1.2 at this
> stage. It is good to have the list Don sent, so that we know what one needs
> to apply to AOO410 in case, but the need for manual review, combined with
> conflicts originating from old spell-check commits, makes it impossible to
> cleanly port all of this at this stage.

Alright. Alternatively you could fix this by getting javadoc 1.8 to ignore
javadoc problems by passing it the -Xdoclint:none option, but I've heard
that breaks earlier javadoc versions, so it needs to be done selectively
:-/.

The fact AOO < 4.1.2 can only be built with Java < 1.8 needs to be
documented somewhere too.

Damjan