On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/11/2016 09:30 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:

>>> YAY!
>>>

>> I jinxed it, many bots failed in ./bootstrap as they couldn't download
>> dependencies. We should probably cache dependencies instead (ie. "cp
>> external_deps/* build/ext_sources" before bootstrap and "cp
>> build/ext_sources/* external_deps" after successful bootstrap). I'll
>> try this on openoffice-linux64-nightly.
>
> oh well... yeah, I saw this.
>
> Yesterday, when you said you set up the builbots to fail on
> bootstrap, I was going to say that even in my local build, the first
> attempt at a bootstrap source sometimes fails but seems to right
> itself the second time around usually from our  URL2 sites. This
> said, it could be that some of our buildbots, due to time out
> issues, will cause failure with this
> step. We might think of putting things back the way they originally
> were for the ./bootstrap step but increasing the time. On my local
> builds, of course, I just sit and wait.

What I did didn't reduce ./bootstrap's resilience. It tries to
download everything, and only when it's gone through all files, exits
with an error if something failed to download from all its URLs. The
buildbots still failed despite ./bootstrap twice. Seems like a serious
networking problem. I am trying even more caching.