[top posting]

hmmm...maybe I've figured out the problem?

using Linux-32 nightly as the example.

Take a look at the PWD variable in this listing:

https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux32-nightly/builds/191/steps/configure/logs/stdio

and the corresponding TARFILE_LOCATION (which is correct for the PWD
specified) --

"The variable TARFILE_LOCATION  is set to:
/home/buildslave20/slave20/openoffice-linux32-nightly/build/ext_sources"

so conceptually NO downloads from 3rd party locations should happen
at all in normal building with the buildbots since they have the
correct local file info for 3rd party sources. This is the case for
our local builds as well.

However, when you look at the output for the svn update for this
same run, look at where the update dumps --

PWD=/home/buildslave20/slave20/openoffice-linux32-nightly/source

so, in my mind, it's not in
/home/buildslave20/slave20/openoffice-linux32-nightly/build/

where I think it should be to make the build work correctly.

What do others think?