On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> On 02/13/2016 11:45 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>
>>> it seems that buildbots are having issues with network in general
>>>
>> Do we have any additional news on the download failures specifically
>> from the buildbots to SourceForge downloads?
>>

> Why SourceForge? Look at
>
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux64-nightly/builds/243/steps/retry%20bootstrap/logs/stdio
> to see that ALL downloads in ./bootstrap are failing; sure, most of them
> are from SourceForge, but this is irrelevant, since downloads from Mozilla
> and other sources are failing too.
>
> The problem is most likely on the buildbot side. For some reason, be it a
> full disk or a firewall restriction, it can't download stuff, and this
> should be checked with someone who has shell access to that machine.
>
> The following, failed from buildbot, were OK with my test script
>>

> I confirm I've run ./boostrap without any problems too last weekend.
> Again, the problem is on the buildbots and not elsewhere.
>

> Regards,
>   Andrea.

​I got on HipChat a while ago and all that was suggested was we use "https"
instead of "http" to SourceForge. But, given that my little stripped down
download script worked fine without this, I doubt this is it.
I didn't ask about filled up disk and perhaps I should have.  :(

​We COULD get around this but just using the sources already in our trunk
and changing the SVN call to that to just a file URL for the time being,
and referencing that as URL1 for these, but I guess that might be
considered  bad.​ We don't distribute these with the source and we would
need to remember to change this back for a release. But just a thought.

MzK

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
 anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
                                                          -- Carl Bard