Am 04/04/2016 12:11 PM, schrieb Απόστολος Συρόπουλος:

yes, that's nice. But you shouldn't commit fixes without a possibility
to test if it was good. Would you? ;-)

First I did this in the past. Please see

https://asyropoulos.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/compiling-openoffice4/

interesting. Thanks for the link.

At that time I was sure the patches would find their way to source tree,
but apparently they have been ignored...

Nobody has said we don't do it and they are not more open-minded.

I said that they are more open-minded! And I based this on my own
personal experience. Not to mention that since you got the code
from a company that produces Solaris, out of courtesy you should
ensure the suite compiles under Solaris...

We made the opposite experience. So, sorry that I've a different opinion.

It's simply a fact that we have no experts for Solaris and no testing
hardware.

Hardware? We are not talking about SPARC machines. Nobody

I didn't know that it's not about SPARC. This changes indeed the problem a bit. ;-)

More in my answer to Patricia's mail.

Marcus