Am 04/04/2016 01:07 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
On 4/4/2016 2:28 AM, Marcus wrote:
It's simply a fact that we have no experts for Solaris and no testing
hardware.

Solaris runs on Intel PC hardware, so no need for special testing hardware.

 From the late 1980's to 2002, I was a system performance analyst and
architect for servers that ran Solaris, while working for FPS Computing,
Cray Research Superservers, and Sun Microsystems. During that time, I
used it as the operating system on the workstation in my office. I was
involved in helping the Solaris developers make the changes to get it to
run well on 64 processor servers. I have used kadb to look at Solaris
internals, while debugging hardware.

I last used Solaris well over ten years ago, and don't know whether I
would qualify as an "expert" for this purpose, but I could probably
remember enough to be able to help a bit.

that sounds great. I didn't know this.

There is a real resource limit. I have a finite amount of time to spend
on AOO, and any time I spend on Solaris will be time I don't spend on
other subprojects.

Maybe you could have a look into the blog post from Apostolos [1]. He has described his way to build with gcc instead of Sun Studio. Then you can better judge how much time you can spent for the needed compiler change.

[1] https://asyropoulos.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/compiling-openoffice4/

Thanks

Marcus