On 4/15/2016 6:52 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
Do I need to run it in any particular directory? How does it find the
.jar I built?

It doesn't need to find the jar you built.

There is one pre-built from the RC and staged in Apache Nexus repository.

I need to test the code I built before voting on the release. I think the intent is that each PMC member casting a binding +1 vote knows the supplied source code can be used to build a working version of the software.

"Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on their own platform..."

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

Hi Patricia,

I'm going to need to research this testing requirement.

The issue is this artifact has to be pulled from the staging repository or installed into a local Maven repository on your machine.

The Apache Maven project uses the staging repo in a similar fashion from what I can tell so far. [1]

Since this is a library and not an executable I think it's okay but I'm not 100% so it may take a few days to get some answers.

Thanks for helping.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html