On 7/22/2016 12:09 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
I'll experiment a lot more over the weekend, but right now I think the
problem could be that the buildbot runs VSVARS.BAT to set up the Visual
Studio environment, which (presumably) contains the evil DEVENV that break
the build and locks files while hung. On my own Windows VM I don't run
VSVARS.BAT, and I can't reproduce the problem. Do the rest of you that
build on Windows use it?

I don't explicitly run it, and cannot find it in any of the scripts such as configure that I do run. I copy pieces of Visual Studio into main/external/ directories, as described in https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7.2C_Windows_8.1