[ ... ]

> >> So, when we put the README for all platforms in their ZIP files then
> we
> >> can just put a pointer to it on the download webpage and thats it.
> > [orcmid]
> >
> > Yes, that seems like a fine idea.  The README can be linked the same
> way the .md5, .sha256, and .asc are linked.
>
> Ahm, no. ;-) As the README is *inside* the ZIP file I cannot provide a
> direct link to it. But a little text hint should do the job.
[orcmid]

That's why I put one copy outside and one inside that travels with the Zip.
The one outside can be linked to just like any of the other companion text
files, and it can be accessed without downloading the archive file.

 - Dennis

> > Also, the README may become simpler if we can link to some of the
> information and not have so much detail in the README text itself.  It
> might even be useful to have an .html README for that matter.  But that
> is all extra.  Right now I think we want to get into the testing and see
> how to smooth what we have.
> >
> > PS: A friend of mine is looking into the MacOSX situation.  He points
> out that one can use the Finder to do the job without users having to
> use Terminal sessions.  I don't have further information at this time.
>
> Great, I thought this already and provided this in the (very short)
> version of the README that Kay has already committed aside the MacOSX
> patch.
>
> Please, can you ask your friend to have a look if it's OK and
> sufficient? If not, please ask for some more details. Thanks!
[orcmid]

I have already pointed him to what we have in the MacOSX folder.