Am 08/10/2016 05:03 AM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus [mailto:marcus.m...@wtnet.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 15:26
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: [PACKAGING 4.1.2-patch1 Binaries] (was RE: [TESTING]
Applying openoffice-4.1.2-patch1 for Windows)

Am 08/09/2016 11:12 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
[top posting]
I'm in the process of trying to "sync" instructions for Linux32,
Linux64, and MacOSX at the moment. As far as instructions on the
actual
HOTFIX page, we need to have just a "general" instruction for ALL zips
that simply says -- "Unzip this package to some folder of your
choosing
and read the README that's included." Everything else should be in the
various READMEs for each platform.

yes, this shortens the webpage a lot.

I should be done with all edits by this evening for a final review
before zipping and signing.

When the ZIP files are ready, I can do the checks for Linux and Windows.

Marcus
[orcmid]

I have a working Windows batch-file script for installing the patch, but I have
not updated the documentation yet and I need to do tests on Windows XP to make
certain that the script works there too.

The next update for Windows will be version 0.1.0 and be beta level.

There might be an 0.2.0 if the README is changed from .txt to .html to get
around line-ending incompatibilities depending on what platform is used for
what.

Once those clear, we can look at adjustments for 1.0.0 and general release
after a little regression checking.

I suspect the general will happen on Thursday or Friday.

that fits perfectly for my weekend. I can do tests on Windows 10 and also update the documentation - or at least make some suggestions.

Marcus