Am 08/07/2016 06:19 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:

On 8/7/2016 8:29 AM, Marcus wrote:
Am 08/06/2016 12:57 AM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
I don't agree with the car analogy - bits are relatively cheap, and I
will personally promise to recycle any obsoleted bits that are returned
to us, without taking up any landfill space. I would not do that for a
car recall.

I don't understand what you meant. At the end you would repaint your
whole car when you have just a scratch?

To make that analogy work, we have to assume that fixing a single
scratch is far, far more complicated and expensive than repainting the car.

sorry, I still don't get it. Why assume it? To know it would be better.

But I don't expect a new answer. Let's stick to the real problem. ;-)

Marcus