Le 02/10/2016 à 19:29, Xen a écrit :
Jörg was only mentioning that the ODF format was also designed without
compatibility in mind, and that it is an equal situation.

I think that ODF was designed to be a fully open standard to give the users
back the property of their own data. This was to give users an alternative to
the proprietary formats like .doc, .xls, ...
The problem was that legacy file formats (.doc, .xls, ...) could not allow
intercompatibility between software. Hence the need of an open standard.

By design, there should not be any compatibility aspect in an open format : if
the file format is fully documented, then each software should respect that
format and then the compatibility with other applications will be achieved.

But [MS Office] OOXML is not what we could label a real open format. There are
parts that still refer to proprietary bits. Therefore, the situation is not
that equal. And for the strict OOXML flavor, MS Office doesn't use it as its
default format, it was only a mean to get the OOXML approved by ISO I think
(and we all remember the conditions in which it has been done).

Hagar