On 10/5/2016 5:51 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 07:17:27PM -0400, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
I believe, based on my tracking and testing, that the release blockers
are all fixed. I was hoping the people working on the bugs, especially
those who requested release_blocker, will update them ASAP.

I have no doubt that they have been fixed, but they need to be updated
as we link to a query for them from the Release Notes and what message
does it give to the world if the Release Notes show Release Blockers as
still open?

Most of these bugs don't make any sense in the release notes, they are
too aoo-build specific.

Regards

Ariel;

In all the builds that I have been involved in with AOO we have included
a link to a Bugzilla query for all bugs fixed by that release.My concern
was 2 fold. One that it would give a wrong impression to anyone that
followed the link and the second was to try to keep Bugzilla up to date.

If it is possible we should construct a query that excludes anything in
Product = Build Tools for the Release Notes.

I think calling out the important stuff directly in the release notes but providing a Bugzilla link that shows everything, including tools, is a reasonable compromise. However, I am very open to suggestions for improving the release notes.