> From: Jörg Schmidt [mailto:joe...@j-m-schmidt.de]

> I do not think your opinion is _so_ different, because _I
> share your opinion_.

Sorry, I think that's too short and not understandable.

What I meant when I said positively to the LO/TDF-organizational-model is the
willingness to offer good conditions to commercial contributors.
I agree, however with your (Michael) criticism of the possible dependence on
companies.

But I also see a different perspective:
There is a significant difference between the interest of a 'normal' company
(for which OO (or LO) is only one part of its activity) and an organization (in
the sense of a company) in which programmers of the community work together and
make money together, by writing code for OO.

The difference is that the community-programmers want OO to move forward, but
need money for their livelihood.
A normal company, on the other hand, needs profit, but it does not matter if
she makes it with OO or other software.

I hope it will be understandable what I mean.
And I think Apache should help such community-programmers, because if they have
success, this is of direct benefit to Apache OpenOffice.
The help that Apache should give is not money but the confidence in the good
intentions of such programmers.

Greetings,
Jörg