Hi -

Go ahead, but you are missing my point. Managing money like you propose is not
something Apache Members want to do.

Having a good working relationship with a third party is something the ASF does
all the time.

The AOO project could find a way to work out a program that would serve to make
a relationship that benefits the public. Call your org A. If an org B came
along that met the criteria of our relationship with B then they would get the
same benefit. This is expansion.

It could be that third parties meet a standard of open source, Apache licensed
code that is always contributed back to AOO for us to choose to incorporate.

We already have groups that are like this.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone