Hi Dave,

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 7:42 PM, Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net> wrote:
>
> On 3/20/17 1:46 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> SourceForge has been very helpful to the OpenOffice community. But with the
>> issues seen in the other thread it may be time to explore what it would take
>> to find an alternative way to host the OpenOffice extensions and templates
>> sites. We need to have quick support and there is risk to the community not
>> to have it.
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> I don't see how a different host would help with the lack of general Drupal
> skills, or specific knowledge about the Templates and Extensions sites.  But
> I'll be glad to answer your questions.  And to continue to hunt down any
> technical problems in the other thread (so far they don't really seem to be
> that
> widespread, might just some templates that aren't public).

I am certainly thankful for all of the support the project has received from
SourceForge. It is awesome. I do have concerns. I am exploring the size of the
site and whether or not there might be a better way to handle this rather than
being subject to the whims of a corporation whose priorities have and will
change. The final answer does not have to be Drupal. Or, I might decide to
learn Drupal. I am not sure.

>> In order to begin an exploration of this it would be important to know the
>> size of the “problem”. A few questions about the scope.
>>
>> (1) How many downloads in a month and what is the pattern?
>
> 50-60,000 templates per month
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-templates/files/stats/timeline?dates=2017-01-01+to+2017-03-21
>
> 45-90,000 extensions per month
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-extensions/files/stats/timeline?dates=2017-01-01+to+2017-03-21
>
> At those stats links you can explore over time, country, and platform.
>
>> (2) How many extensions are there?
>
> 3013
>
>> (3) How many templates?
>
> 50,339
>
>> (4) What scheme is used for login/security?
>
> SourceForge accounts are used to manage the aoo-templates and aoo-extensions
> projects, which contain all the file releases and ssh/sftp access to web
> hosting
> (apache/php/mysql).  The Drupal sites are separate, so have their own
> security.
> I am not familiar with how it was developed, but I would imagine it is
> standard
> Drupal security.

How many template and extensions project owners?

Regards,
Dave