Am Dienstag, den 05.09.2017, 20:18 +0200 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> Am Dienstag, den 05.09.2017, 17:59 +0200 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
> > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > To be honest I am not very happy with gmake and ant. It is
> > > difficult to
> > > add the functionality to Eclipse. Also we stay dependant for
> > > Windows on
> > > Cygwin or Windows Subsystem for Linux, which feels to me awkward.
> > > Also
> > > if we want to have people develop on Windows. A good build
> > > environment
> > > is vital.
> > >

> > What do you mean by "add the functionality to Eclipse"?
> >
> > On Windows, I don't think our (new) Ant projects need Cygwin or
> > Windows
> > System for Linux to open in Eclipse after AOO is built. Do they?

Update:
Eclipse to day seems not to be able to parse configuration or make
files. They generate the buildtool relevant stuff from their own
metadata.
So I have to setup all the Information from source in Eclipse manually
in order to get a decend Error Parser and IDE support.

Since maven is a known beast to Eclipse I think that Parsing POMs
should be a part of the toolset already. So I think in term of getting
the Build Configuration right, the step should be covored from the POM
file.

So in the end it seems in order to get a decend Eclipse IDE support we
need
a) makefile parser that can handle our customs
b) teach maven to handle our custom stuff.

My hope is that option b) is cheaper in development effort.

I hope that makes it more clear. In case anyone wonders, I learn as I
go. So this is my updated understanding from yesterday. And it is very
difficult to put in words what my guts tell me. I often do not know
where to look or what the relevant Information is.
I am sorry that I have expressed myself in incompetent means, and I
dislike it a lot. However if I do not talk with the competence I have,
it takes ages for me to provide to the community something. means I am
even slower then I am today.
So I hope for your continued patience and support and guidance :).

Thank you!
All the Best
Peter