> Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> In terms of the update feed, we can keep on hold the update feeds for
>> the 4.1.3 (and earlier) to 4.1.4 upgrade for Mac users; and once 4.1.5
>> is out, we will push the update as usual.

I could temporarily exchange all update feeds with versions without macOS?
Since the old ones will always lead people to the download page, even if
they only say e.g. 4.1.2 is available...

> Another obvious thing we can do (if we are really sure that 4.1.4 for
> Mac contains a dataloss bug) is to simply retire the Mac build. The
> download page would suggest 4.1.4 for other platforms and 4.1.3 for
> Mac, with a short explanation saying that OS X binary builds will be
> provided soon (then whether this happens with "new" 4.1.4 builds or
> with 4.1.5 is a detail that doesn't concern users at this time).

We could do that in a similar way as we tell people that 4.1.4 is not
available for OS X <= 10.6.
The logic is in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/download/download.js

Regards, Matthias