On 01/12/2017 Jim Jagielski wrote:
I see that Pat has committed the security patches to trunk, which is fantastic!
Maybe we should take the next few business days and go thru Bugz
and see what, if anything, would be low-risk patches to trunk and
pencil in, say, Dec 7th as a "code freeze" date for builds...

Someone here is forgetting that the biggest chunk of work for 4.2.0 is with localization. We need to fix the code -> Pootle -> code process and this won't be trivial at all since we have scarce documentation, little knowledge and a half-broken situation in Pootle when the last import was done at some unspecified time. It is not impossible of course, but it does need some serious work.

So you can provide all the builds you wish, but I would expect that most of them display localization issues and a localization cycle in 40+ languages usually takes a couple months (once we have fixed the process).

I'm absolutely in favor of a public beta, well publicized and clearly marked as beta (with its own splash screen etc). This is not the point. Point is, if you want something out in 2017 then English+kid languages will be enough, and please call it Alpha or Beta-1 or something that makes it clear that there will have to be another Beta in a few months with working localized versions.

Regards,
  Andrea.