Am 17.12.2017 um 17:35 schrieb Raymond Helie:
I am trying to get your spell & grammar checking for French along with English.  Your English version is Ok.
But am having problems getting the French version.  As per your instructions, I click on "Tools", then
"options", then "language settings' AND this is where I see nothing for writing aids (your next
instruction). After this, I should get "available language modules.  Please help me by giving me a detailed
procedure where I can also use your spell checking in French.  Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

please make sure that also an extension for a French spell check is installed. You can see if this is done and OK when a little icon with "ABC" and a blue hook is in front of the language item.

With a right-mouse click in a text document open the character formatting dialog, then the tab "Font" and see the "Language" drop-down-box.

The dictionary for French spell check can be found on the extension website:

https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/search?query=french+spelling

HTH

Marcus