Pedro Lino wrote:
(the same as clicking on the Dictionaries button on the Extensions website)
However searching for the words spelling or dictionaries returns many
more results than the Dictionaries button (for instance none of the
Portuguese tools show up when clicking Dictionaries)
This means that the search key is not working as expected (maybe not all
extensions have the needed tag?)

When you create an extension, you have a "This is a dictionary" checkbox that will likely file it as a dictionary for the search above.

Should I open a Bugzilla issue about this?

This is something that the individual maintainers should do. But maybe site moderators can set the flag on any extensions, so a list would be useful.

P.S. I can volunteer to kick off a similar list of the available AOO
languages (and links to the extensions) if the devs agree that it makes
sense to link to such a page.

At least a collection of links to Dictionaries that are not marked as such would be useful, thanks!

Regards,
  Andrea.