On Tue, Mar 27, 2018, 15:44 Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 27.03.2018 um 22:25 schrieb Kay Schenk:
> > I would like  to change our .htaccess file for www.openoffice.org
> > to allow for diretory contents listing when no "default" index.html file
> is
> > available.
> >
> > This would be changing the first line of .htaccess from this:
> >
> > Options +Includes +MultiViews
> >
> > to this:
> >
> > Options +Includes +MultiViews +Indexes
> >
> > tested with my local setup and all good. This would allow for depositing
> > files in a given area without the need for an index.html file with links
> > the files.
>
> I had no idea what "+Indexes" will do. With a quick search I found this
> [1].
>
> > Yes? no? thoughts?
>
> Are you suggesting to use this option as globally or for special
> directories only?

Yes, I was suggesting this and knew the consequences as described in the
link you sent. Given that our website is accessible in its entirety through
browsing svn, I didn't think enabling this globally would be so different
from that.

> If globally then I don't think that we should present the raw files of
> any directory when there is no index file available. This isn't simply
> the way we should go.

OK. What are your feelings on enabling this in selected directories when
needed?