Hi Andrea, all

> On November 19, 2018 at 5:17 PM Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Can this change be reversed or an exception opened for AOO?
>
> Sure, we have multiple options available. Including moving this server
> to a smaller (or even dedicated) virtual machine. Note that, even if we
> miss a full explanation, we could still try this, but I'm really curious
> to know whether the Fedora behavior can be explained.

People are already starting to report the broken Check for Update
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95930

Can you (or someone else) ask Infra to provide one of the alternate solutions
you mentioned?

On an intersting note: according to a freeware program I use under Windows to
check for updates (I disable automatic checking for each program and run this
once a week) more than half the AOO users who also use SUMo are already on
4.1.6 (Windows only) only a day after release!
https://www.kcsoftwares.com/sumo/view.php?ProductName=OpenOffice&Company=OpenOffice.org&prot=2
(of course this is not unexpected since people who use a dedicated program for
checking for updates are likely to be the first to do the updates)

Regards,
Pedro