I confirm this issue in Italian forum.

ciao

charlie

Il 28/11/18 09:15, David Robley ha scritto:
There is an issue with Search and returning topics. To reproduce:
Go to advanced search
Enter a search term(s) - I used spell check error
Scroll down and choose Display results as: Topics
Leave all other settings and click Search

Result:

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'forumaoo_en.t.topic_last_post_time' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT [3065]

SQL

SELECT DISTINCT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS t.topic_id FROM phpbb_en_topics t, phpbb_en_posts p WHERE MATCH (p.post_subject, p.post_text) AGAINST ('+spell +check +error ' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC LIMIT 250

BACKTRACE

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php

LINE: 163

CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/mysqli.php

LINE: 205

CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/db/dbal.php

LINE: 170

CALL: dbal_mysqli->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/includes/search/fulltext_mysql.php

LINE: 472

CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: x1/var_lib_phpBB/com309/search.php

LINE: 508

CALL: fulltext_mysql->keyword_search()

As an aside, would it be possible to have the search default to Display as Topics? This returns a more compact listing of the results which seems to me to be easier to work through.