On 12/29/18 3:42 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
On 12/29/2018 12:49 PM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:

From: Peter Kovacs [mailto:pe...@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2018 3:17 PM
To: dev; users
Subject: [discussion] get rid of NOT_AN_OOO_ISSUE

Hi all,

I would like to get rid of the Resolution "NOT_AN_OOO_ISSUE". This
leaves people angry and it is annoying to Copy paste or just rewrite
always the same stuff.

So I wonder if we could add a component user support, and allocate the
users list to it. With that we have a broader community
looking at those
help requests, and handle them like every other Issue. Also maybe the
barrier between developers/testers and user support gets
reduced a bit.

If it is a bug someone can simply change the component and we
can check
for reproducibility. Instead of NOT_AN_ISSUE I would like to
have FIXED
by workaround or something similar.

can you take some time and write your opinion?

my opinion:
Bugzilla is not a support ticket system. If we were to start inviting users
(through an appropriate category in Bugzilla) to submit support requests here,
we would be creating additional work for ourselves.

I don't think there will be more satisfaction through more tolerance in the use
of Bugzilla. See the following example:
For years, we have tolerated misbehavior by users on the German users mailing
list (users...@openoffice.apache.org), and what we achieve is not happy users,
but confusion, inefficiency, and frustration among volunteers and users.

Sorry, I understand your concern, but I don't think we can solve the problems
of misuse of Bugzilla in that way.

greetings,
Jörg

Peter;

As Marcus stated earlier NOT_AN_OOO_ISSUE is a valid response to an
issue that does not have it's roots in AOO and should be used as such.
Bugzilla is a bug tracking system and not an support help desk.

Keith

I agree with Marcus and Keith on this. Maybe some instructions to the "closer" of the issue would be to direct the reporter to the forums as Dave suggests.