Am 19.01.19 um 09:39 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
Maybe a version trunk would help?

before I spent 30 minutes to update all the products in BZ with a new version let me summarize what we have and what is really needed:

- trunk is used to commit changes that could be integrated in a release somewhen in the future - so, totally unspecified in time. IMHO it's not helpful as it is not clear at which point in time it was trunk and when no longer. In SVN, etc. it's OK but not in an issue tracker.

- trunk2 (I don't know if this was just a typo) doesn't tell me what could be meant.

- 4.5.0 is possible - but what's about 4.3.0 and 4.4.0 - do we want to skip them? At the moment I cannot imagine for what reason.

The suggestion is to plan with a 4.3.0 when 4.2.0 is done and released. Sure, maybe there is a big change that would justify a 5.0.0 release. But at the moment nobody can oversee this.

My proposal is to create a 4.3.0 version (or better milestone) to use for every commit to trunk. The consequence is that the code in trunk has to be adjusted (again) to replace every line that include a 4.5.0 with 4.3.0.

What do you all think?

Thanks

Marcus