On 2/24/19 12:59 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
Hi Kay, Hi Keith,

Am 05.02.19 um 00:58 schrieb Kay Schenk:
On 2/2/19 11:07 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
On 2/2/2019 1:00 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
I'm assuming most of you know that Google+ is going away April 2. 2019.
I am one of the moderators for the AOO group. Here is information I
just
received. I know MANY are disappointed by this decision, and we need to
discuss what to do with the current AOO information.

Hi Kay;

Yes we should definitely make an archive of Google+ pages, just not sure
where the best place for them to be stored would be.

Regards
Keith

I'm looking into HOW to get the data from G+. It might be nice
(somehow) to import the G+ postings into FB, but the participant info
wouldn't sync that's for sure. I'll do a dump from G+ soon and see
what the feeds/post look like.
OK. That would be great. I don't do much programming of late. We MAY be able to use one of their APIs (not investigated yet!) to do SOMETHING.
You may already have found the way to archive Google+ content:
https://takeout.google.com/

Yes, I have seen this. I've done nothing yet. I should get to doing an archive this week sometime.

It took Google about one week to provide my zip file.

GEE WHIZ! That's kind of unbelievable.

I am also wondering about our YouTube channel. It is linked to the
Google+ brand account, so I have administrative rights. But since I am
not the owner I can not add another administrator/moderator.

YouTube is NOT being affected as far as I know.

Regards,

    Matthias
Thanks for looking into this.