Until someone develops that extension, you can always use the fantastic,
distraction free FocusWriter
https://gottcode.org/focuswriter/
Just enable the typewriter sounds under Settings > Preferences > General >
Typewriter sounds
For an added nostalgia, under Settings > Themes, switch to Old School ;)

Best,
Pedro