Hi Josef,

Am 31.08.19 um 16:02 schrieb Josef Latt:
> Hi,

>> Hi all,
>>
>> At the moment I am doing my test builds (trunk and 42X) for Windows with
>> the latest Oracle JDK (8u221).
>> I am still able to download, but Oracle changed its licensing. I am not
>> a lawyer and would prefer to move away from it.
>
> Why move away?
Because AdoptOpenJDK is the better alternative? They even provide 32-bit
versions for Java 11 (LTS).
> https://www.java.com -> The new license permits certain uses, such as
> personal use and development use, at no cost.

Of course you are always free to decide which JRE you want to use...

But for the JDK this is another story:

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

I just don't want to discuss this in length with Legal at ASF when we
already have something better to build AOO with.

Regards,

   Matthias