Back to the topic:

Personally I don't see a reason for a 4.1.8 dev release.
It is only a micro update and I do build test versions (for Windows) on
a regular base [1].

But I am OK with 4.2.0 dev2, although I would like to have one
additional release blocker [2] fixed for that.
However we should include some new languages in the release process
(this list can be discussed):

 - Armenian (100% UI)
 - Estonian (100% UI)
 - Kabyle (95% UI)