Am 04.05.20 um 19:16 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
On 5/4/2020 11:40 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
Hi Keith,
Hi Matthias Comments in line
Am 04.05.20 um 17:30 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
On 5/4/2020 9:33 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
Hi Jim,

Am 04.05.20 um 14:53 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
On May 3, 2020, at 1:58 PM, Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Am 29.04.20 um 20:43 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
OK, so I have available a handful of Lang builds for Linux 64bit and macOS
available at

   o http://home.apache.org/~jim/AOO-builds/

These are of HEAD of AOO42X and were built as developer releases... these are not the
"official" Dev2m2 releases however, although they are in a directory that
implies otherwise.

Once people give these a quick A-OK, I can go ahead and do the *real* and
*official* Dev2/4.2.0-m2 builds
All needed languages (including the 5 new ones) are now updated in trunk
and cherry-picked for AOO42X.

How do we proceed? Create a tag for Dev2?
I have seen no objections so far, assuming that everyone is OK with it...

Yep, I think a tag makes the most sense... I'll wait a bit for people to chime
in.
Great!
As I already wrote, the French language file needs to be fixed, we are
working on it...

BTW:
This time we should really have a Blog post about Dev2. Any volunteers? ;-)

Regards,

    Matthias

NOTE: This post is made with my personal hat on.
Matthias;

I am not sure that a blog post for dev release is a wise idea. To me it
would go against the Release Policy As stated at:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication. Either that
or the blog post would need to be carefully worded at a very high level
with little detail and must not contain any link to the compiled
artifacts at all.

If I read that URL right a Blog post would really be inappropriate...

But then, the whole Dev Build is useless, if nobody is supposed to know
of it.
In the end that's why we make a "Developer Snapshot" branded version. ;-)

he dev builds are fine as long as they are announced on dev@. See the
following quote from the policy.> The only people who are supposed to
know about such developer resources are individuals actively
participating in development or following the dev list and thus aware of
the conditions placed on unreleased materials.

I also think that - in this case - a posting on @dev is the best we can do. So, Keith you still can try to draft the text.

Marcus