Dear Peter, all

>     On 07/07/2020 6:25 AM Peter <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     - I will give a Project state talk. Meaning my Personal collection of
> what is done, what needs to be done, where we go and Open Topics / Issues we
> have. I have named my talk: Apache OpenOffice the Schrödinger App - Quo
> vadis?
> https://acna2020.jamhosted.net/cfp-submit.html?98430950-2d2f-41b3-a5fc-1591d184ba25
>
>     - Michael will have a talk on the history of our booth (in german)
>
>     - Mechtilde will talk about pootle (in german)
>
>     - Damjan will talk about SCons our future build system
>
>     - Carl will talk about the new Groovy Macro extension
>

>     I hope we can subtitle German talks. Rich has agreed that German talks
> are possible, so I jumped at the opportunity.

As a member of this project I kindly request that people do not make
presentations in German.

English is the lingua franca and everybody in this project regardless of
nationality makes an effort to communicate in that language.
As an example Mechtilde's English is very good or at least good enough to
communicate and pass instructions to someone else as myself who is not a native
English speaker.

Having presentations in a language other than English will only drive people
away from this project.

If the idea is to exchange ideas and attract people to this project I'm asking
you please to reconsider.

Kind regards,
Pedro