Hello,

> Some coverage in German:
>
> https://www.heise.de/news/OpenOffice-feiert-Geburtstag-LibreOf
> fice-meint-Juchhei-wir-wollen-euren-Namen-4929239.html

and also:
https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2020/10/12/open-letter-to-apache-openoffice/

Let's make one thing very clear:
this is the same spirit, these are the same people who hounded against Apache
OPenOffice from the beginning, and verbally attacked and insulted members of
our community (I only mention the attacks against Rob).
It's the same style that was used to falsely pretend for months that a
foundation already existed, even though it did not.
These are people who led the LO community into the same dependency on the
commitment of companies they pretended to overcome when the companies were
called SUN and Oracle.

FOSS also thrives on diversity, and regularly thrives on the coexistence of
different alternatives for solving the same problem, be it Linux distributions,
browsers, editors or even office packages. One may find this relative
'redundancy' good or bad, but it is not really bad and it is ultimately an
expression of the fact that FOSS projects are made by humans.
Those who, in the style of the TDF, criticize this diversity one-sidedly at
OO/LO, do not really want to unite, they want to play out their own power, they
only want to grow themselves.

Let us defend our autonomy and our independence as AOO and be proud that we
have made OpenOffice great through honest performance and have not tried to
distinguish ourselves through PR and manipulation of public opinion.

Let us be aware in difficult times that we are part of a large community (the
ASF), that we are OpenOffice (and not TDF/LO), that it was once MS Office that
taught fear and that with persistence even difficult times can be overcome.

greetings,
Jörg