> On Oct 16, 2020, at 7:40 AM, Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org> wrote:
> If others use our contributions and don't give back. That's okay. That's on
> them.
> That's part of what makes us Apache.

This is somewhat off-topic but I find it interesting...

As we know, Amazon has a bad rep in some areas of the open source community,
specifically for using Open Source programs, esp those under Permissive
licenses, and "not giving their improvements back to the community". Lots of
people are up in arms about that and complain that Amazon is a free-loader,
acting in bad faith, abusing open source, etc etc.

The interesting part is that so many of those who complain about Amazon doing
so go out of their way to support LO's freedom to do the exact same thing. It
kind of shows just how self serving their moral outrage is...

I'm not saying LO must allow us to use contributions; I'm not saying that they
are freeloaders; all I am saying is that if they were serious about "working
together" that would be an easy way to prove it.