Dave Fisher wrote:
I will be doing the initial migration as quickly as I can. I think that metrics
needs a specific discussion.
Initially I’ll comment this out.

Do I understand well that there is no technical reason whatsoever to get rid of Google Analytics, and that the discussion is purely political?

This is fine, but in this case the logical approach would be the opposite: we keep Google Analytics initially, then if someone wants to start a discussion (which is obviously political in this case) to remove it and this reaches consensus, we remove Google Analytics.

That said, I surely don't want to slow down the website migration work: it is much, much better to have a working migration without GA (and then one can easily add GA back and restart this discussion) than spend a month in assessing whether we need GA and block the migration for this.

Regards,
  Andrea.