Hi all,

I would like to know how you guys feel we should move on with our base Database. Our current strategy is a small sized embedded DB using HSQLDB (BSD). There are 2 other options in the same weight class, that is H2 (EPL1 or MPL2) and Apache Derby (AL2).

Something like SQLLite (PublicDomain) could be technical interesting, but I think their licensing is not so appealing.

We could also consider firebird (MPL) like LO, but I have the impression that this is not a lightweight DB, but featurerich. And I wonder if this is really something we should provide. I would rather develop a way to make it easy to switch the DB when a Project grows.

What are your thoughts?

All the Best

Peter