Thank you for this declaration. The situation is therefore understandable to me.

> > Actually we should rather choose a database that works
> without Java(?)
> >
> > Also: IF the Java question is urgent, why is it only for
> Base? Doesn't belong then on the agenda anymore?
>
> Where do I say it is urgent?

I had understood "We cannot build with Java 11 and up." that way.

> This takes time. It is a good time to start this now.

yes, this is true

> What is your opinion on Java? Not that I want to start a general Java
> discussion, but you are right they are connected.

As far as I know from Mathias Java is, in the long run, a problem because of
the licensing policy of Oracle(*) and we have to find ways to free ourselves
from this dependency.

Since these are rather long-term considerations, I can't say if we have to
consider this already now for a decision regarding Base.
It would tend to make sense, but searching for a database without Java
dependency might collide somewhat with the question of multiplatform capability.

But please ... I am only answering your question here, I do not want to
encourage you to expand the discussion.

(*)
if I understood it correctly, the problem is not technical in essence, but
future Java versions should be subject to license fees, at least for business
use (?)

Jörg