> On Dec 9, 2020, at 10:17 AM, Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Am 09.12.20 um 15:29 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> Now that I'm thinking about the configure script, I have to admit
>> that some things really look like they could/should be fixed.
>>
>> For example,
>>
>>  --with-dmake-path
>>  --with-dmake-url
>>  --with-epm
>>  --with-epm-url
>>
>> Why does dmake use dmake-path but EPM just use epm? Why 2 directives when
>> they could be combined? And it's not like we can build without EPM and dmake
>> anyway...
> I never needed EPM to build on Windows. So I wouldn't want to combine it
> with DMAKE.
>
> But maybe I misunderstood...

Yes, right, of course. ./configure would know that EPM is only needed on
non-WIN platforms.

These would *STILL* be all independent configure options. It is instead of
having, in some cases, 3 options, one to enable, one to point to a local path
and yet another to point to a URL, we would have one option, for each one.

So ''--with-dmake-path" and "--with-dmake-url" would be combined to 1:
--with-dmake

"--with-epm" and "--with-epm-url" would be combined to 1: --with-epm

"*-beanshell*" would be combined to 1: --with-beanshell