I change subject since I venture to more generic topic.

On 19.12.20 22:15, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
  The Policy for the mwiki is and has been since the days of OpenOffice.org
(OOo) to NOT delete pages from the wiki but mark them as outdated and be
sure there is a link to any replacement document.

For me this rule does not add up. Marking pages out dated is not the solution. We are not a museum.

These pages are so dire old, no body knows if that what the pages are saying are any accurate, or what.

We should create an Archive section, and then create there a static html site that preserves the state in order to honor history.

We can add some information maybe like contributors and stuff. If this sentiment is important. But we should move pages that are confusing and irrelevant to our work somewhere they are not in the way.

I suggest we create a archive site (suggestion: archive.openoffice.org) site, and move pages there, that have only historic value.

There is no rush, but cleaning up would help us to refresh our minds. But to forget stuff is important or we run all the time with loads of old baggage around. And we have difficulties to find the right information.

just my 2 cents.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html