And what is problematic about 20,000 pages?

> For example it would be easy to see that almost all of
> www.OpenOffice.org/porting is obsolete.

This is a joke? This page is one of the more up-to-date sites.

I'm afraid you don't understand the problem. There is no one here who can
objectively make such a mark because for different people and different work
focuses the interests are quite different.
For example, pages that are important for day-to-day support can be quite
unimportant for developers and vice versa.

> Process make a new
> page on OpenOffice.Apache.org. Mark all of porting obsolete
> and point to the new page.

Excellent!
But this has nothing to do with archiving directly, but with updating the pages.

> > Why do I say (ask) this?
> > Because, if we pick out only certain pages, the amount of
> work to distinguish important pages from unimportant pages is
> huge and errors can creep in very easily, and thus the loss
> of important pages.
>
> Pages will remain and if mismarked can be unmarked.

IF that were the case, the edin archive would be and we would not need to
discuss further. But is that the case? Where are these pages accessible or
where should they be accessible?

Let me make one thing clear: if I said that a _static_ archive is enough, it's
only because I think it would simplify the work.
If we want to maintain a history of the pages, that would have my consent
IMMEDIATELY - but I think it is not necessary and a static archive would be
easier.

Jörg