Am 04.01.21 um 22:29 schrieb Marcus:
Am 04.01.21 um 19:44 schrieb Dave Fisher:
I think that the new link would look better if were directly below
the buttons and not to the right.

One reason is that on my window the link is too wide and “choose?” Is
wrapped to below the buttons anyway.

interesting. I'm working with a large resolution and big browser
windows (mostly fullsize). So, problems are not always visible.

As the text position is already in discussion it seems to be another
good argument to place the text elsewhere.

After choosing the favorite platform the users attention is still at
the 3 buttons (platform, language, version). So it's the best to place
the text directly below these buttons.

To place it to the right of the 2 download buttons is in this second
no longer in the users focus. Now it's "I want my download, now". ;-)

@All:
Let me play a bit with the download page. I'll come back with a
suggestion.

Meanwhile I did a small change to the Info Text:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org/commit/27dee325e964f29a3fa468a1e41d06e4b18bd87b

Is it still needed that we are holding back the publishing of the site?
I would like to have the Christmas logo reverted... ;-)

ah yes, the logo.

I have hoped to find also a hint text for Mac Users.
But OK, we can add this later.

I've now published the website.

Marcus