On 20/01/2021 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
I think we can fix it. Let me give it a try tomorrow.

I believe it's fixed now (limited to the specific case of the English dictionary; I had to find some workarounds so I enabled only that extension for testing).

Please let me know if it works; if it does, I will then revert it and republish only after 4.1.9 is out (or users will be confused by the double update; this is exactly the reason for the update to be manual by the way).

[...]

To check: in OpenOffice, check for Extensions Updates (not OpenOffice updates) and see whether this prompts you with an updated English dictionary to be downloaded (with a web browser, not within OpenOffice) and installed.

wow \o/ , it's working again. :-)

My English and German dictionaries want to be updated.

A click on the [Install] button opens 2 tabs in my browser to the extension website for both dictionaries.

Thanks for analysing this old problem.

Marcus